Are you interested in running for public office?
We suggest you read the First Steps for Candidates from the Texas Ethics Commission.
* You must first file an appointment of campaign treasurer
You may also wish to complete a Code of Fair Campaign Practices form.
Please contact the Texas Ethics Commission to determine who the filing authority is for the office for which you intend to run.
* Candidates and officeholders are required to file Campaign Finance Reports on a certain filing schedule. Please contact the Texas Ethics Commission to determine who the filing authority is for the office you hold or intend to run.
* For further information, please contact your local political party:
Uvalde County Democratic Party
Uvalde County Republican Party
The following links are helpful resources for candidates as well as officeholders:
- Secretary of State’s Elections Division
- Secretary of State’s 2018 Candidate Guide
- Texas Ethics Commission
- Poll Watcher Information Guide
- Poll Watcher Appointment Form (by political party)
- Poll Watcher Appointment Form (by a candidate)